BACK TO BLOGGING - GAIL RETIRES 9/2018



I retired in September and thought I would be blogging more often, unfortunately after being on a keyboard 8+ hours a day while working, blogging lost it's fascination.  But I'm BACK!

Having spent 40 years in commercial insurance I retired from Crum & Forster.  I was fortunate enough to retire from an awesome company, with my dream job of training and working with the best group of underwriters (Chicago, Houston, New Jersey, Conway, Portland, DesMoines and San Francisco).   Since it is difficult to have a remote retirement party, I asked all the offices for photographs for my blog.  Several offices decided to compete.  Here are my "Academy Awards"

BEST COSTUME:   Portland - matching PJ's

BEST ACTORS IN SUPPORTING ROLES: DesMoines - the Iowa version of the Brady Bunch - John made a great looking wife and mom.

BEST ANIMATION:  Houston - loved the map and all the great stick people - what a creative group of people.

BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS: Conway - my super heroes

BEST DIRECTORS - Product Management and Home Office (Craig Quinility & Mary Keenan)  Love this brain trust, so proud to have been part of the team.

I was still a little bummed not to celebrate with "real live" people, so threw a retirement party for myself with friends and family.   In my 40 years in Fresno, I have worked with this awesome group of women with a variety of companies - Royal Globe, INA/CIGNA, Zenith, Unigard, QBE.  In total we have more than 200 years of insurance experience.

What a great career and totally unexpected...I was just in the right spot at the right time when Royal Globe was hiring trainees in 1978.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seldovia

Valdez

Glacier National Park August 2019